With the sudden death of his father, JYJ’s Yoo Chun hurried to his mother and brother’s, Park Yoo Hwan, side as soon as he landed at Incheon International Airport. Jaejoong, Junsu, Song Ji Hyo, and other members of C-Jes Entertainment stayed by Yoo Chun’s family throughout the night as friends and family came by to pay their respects. Those who attended the service included celebrities Alex, JUNO, Kara’s Nicole, Park Sung Kwang, and several members of the cast of Yoo Chun’s upcoming drama “Rooftop Prince.”
Yoochun has canceled his entire schedule until the funeral service on March 16. His brother, actor Park Yoo Hwan, also canceled his filming schedules for his latest drama Channel A's "Strongest K-Pop Survival."
A representative of the production staff for “Rooftop Prince” stated, “Once he recollects himself after the funeral service, Park Yoo Chun will return to filming on March 19. We have already shot the first four episodes, so the original broadcast date will not be affected.”
“Rooftop Prince” is about a Chosun era Crown Prince Lee Gak (Park Yoo Chun) who was in the midst of investigating the death of his Crown Princess (Jung Yumi) when he mysteriously gets sucked into the future and meets his destined love (Han Ji Min). The historical-fusion-contemporary-fantasy drama “Rooftop Prince” will premiere on SBS on March 21 at 9:55PM KST.
After news of Park Yoochun and Yoohwan's father's passing were reported, a number of their close friends and family members paid their condolences by visiting the wake.
It was reported that Park Yoochun, Yoohwan, and their mother, along with other members of the agency were present at the wake. Only close family, friends and people from the agency are allowed to enter the funeral parlor as they tried to control reporters and other outsiders from crashing in.
Meanwhile, a friend of Yoochun was then quoted saying, "All the members of the group must've gone through a hard time with the stalker fan issue. Handling the tour alone must have been such a great deal but hearing this sad news when he hasn't even recovered yet must be a great shock. It seems like he couldn't eat or sleep well until right before he went on stage on the tour and I'm worried he might not be well mentally and physically."
Aside from Yoochun's colleagues from C-JeS Entertainment, along with JYJ and Song Jihyo, it was also revealed that the cast and staff from upcoming drama "Rooftop Prince" will also be making their way there today. There were supposed to be plans for filming to happen on the 15th, but it was temporarily postponed.
Yoochun and Yoohwan's father passed away during the morning hours of March 14th due to a chronic illness. A burial service is scheduled for March 16th, at 7 AM which will be held at the Seoul Memorial in Wonjidong.
Source: Osen and Hancinema Credits: Koreaboo Shared by: DBSKnights
It seems that JYJ‘s Park Yoochun who is still broken hearted over the recent death of his father will be returning to work even before his tears have had a chance to dry.
According to a broadcast insider, Yoochun will be heading over to the set of his new SBS drama ‘Rooftop Prince‘ after his father’s burial on March 16th.
Until now, the ’Rooftop Prince’ staff members have planned their filming schedule around JYJ’s Chile and Peru concerts, but they did not expect the sudden passing of his father.
Because Yoochun plays a leading role in the series and ‘Rooftop Prince’ is set to broadcast its first episode on the 21st, the situation cannot be helped and it will be difficult for the staff to allow any delays.
A staff member remarked, “Yoochun’s representatives have been told of the circumstances. He must be both physically and mentally drained, and everyone sees this as an unfortunate event.”
‘Rooftop Prince’ is a romance story that spans 300 years. The first episode will air on March 21st.
If you would like to be a member of the shoutbox, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following message and information: "I read and understand DBSKnights' rules. If I fail to comply, I will be banned and will not be able to register again. My username is ____ and password is ____ "
If at least one of the following rules is not followed, DBSKnights has every right to ban the person or people involved.
1. Do not bash any of the members of TVXQ and JYJ. This website supports Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Shim Changmin together and individually.
2. When sharing information and news about the boys, backtrack to avoid double posting. The shoutbox allows you to visit previous chats.
3. Do not post rumors and other unconfirmed news. Check the credibility of your sources before posting.
4. Please keep the conversations in the shoutbox below PG-13. Not all the fans are adults and comfortable talking about inappropriate topics.
5. Do not post personal information about yourself or others. It's against the law to share private information such as IP addresses. This is for your safety and others as well.
6. Talk kindly to each other and avoid getting into an argument with another fan. If you feel the tension is rising, please kindly back away and leave the shoutbox. Once it's calm, you may return.
7. If a person is not following the rules, please let them know and ask them kindly to read the shoutbox rules before continuing the conversation.
8. Only ask or stop another fan from violating any of the rules ONCE. This is to avoid dictatorship and hostility in the shoutbox. If they continue to violate the rules after your first warning, ignore them and email us about it.
Donate to help DBSKnights provide free light sticks for TVXQ and JYJ concerts!