JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong has once again displayed his long-standing popularity.
On 10 December, Kim Jaejoong held his solo fan meeting at the Shanghai International Gymnastics Center. This fan meeting was organized to thank the fans for their show of love for the SBS drama “Protect the Boss,” and all 4,000 seats for this event were snapped up once ticketing opened, showing the high interest level for this event.
Kim Jaejoong arrived in China via Shanghai’s Hongqiao Airport, and made formal preparations for his fan meeting. This day, over 1,000 fans were gathered to welcome him at the airport, and on the day of the fan meeting itself, not only the 4,000 ticket holders, but about 1,000 fans who were unable to purchase tickets were gathered outside the event location to show their support, and his (Jaejoong’s) popularity could be visibly felt.
At the fan meeting. Kim Jaejoong revealed the behind-the-scene episodes that happened during his appearance in “Protect the Boss,” and also sang the drama OST song that he wrote, “I’ll Protect You.” Aside from this, there was a question and answer session where he selected and replied to questions that had been hand-written by the fans, and he personally made phone calls to fans which were selected by ballot. He also played “cham cham cham” at the event, with all games receiving a great response from the fans.
He said, “I know that there are many people who support me in China. I know that I can’t come here very often, and this is something that I always feel sorry about. However, having come here after a long while, I’m really thankful for the unchanging, passionate love that I have been given. In the future, I will work hard to become an even better actor, and a more charming singer.”
Management company C-JeS said, “Due to Kim Jaejoong’s popularity, “Protect the Boss” has done shockingly well in terms of overseas sales. Aside from China, many other parts of the world have been requesting for interviews and promotional activities.”
The organizer of this fanmeeting said, “Chinese fans did not watch the local broadcast (of “Protect the Boss”) but watched the drama online using SBS’s real time stream, their passion (for the show) evident. Prior to this, Kim Jaejoong was already very popular, and with the charm of his role as “Cha Mu Won,” his popularity exploded. We were surprised that over 1,000 fans who weren’t able to purchase tickets stood outside the location in the freezing cold to show their support.”
If you would like to be a member of the shoutbox, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following message and information: "I read and understand DBSKnights' rules. If I fail to comply, I will be banned and will not be able to register again. My username is ____ and password is ____ "
If at least one of the following rules is not followed, DBSKnights has every right to ban the person or people involved.
1. Do not bash any of the members of TVXQ and JYJ. This website supports Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Shim Changmin together and individually.
2. When sharing information and news about the boys, backtrack to avoid double posting. The shoutbox allows you to visit previous chats.
3. Do not post rumors and other unconfirmed news. Check the credibility of your sources before posting.
4. Please keep the conversations in the shoutbox below PG-13. Not all the fans are adults and comfortable talking about inappropriate topics.
5. Do not post personal information about yourself or others. It's against the law to share private information such as IP addresses. This is for your safety and others as well.
6. Talk kindly to each other and avoid getting into an argument with another fan. If you feel the tension is rising, please kindly back away and leave the shoutbox. Once it's calm, you may return.
7. If a person is not following the rules, please let them know and ask them kindly to read the shoutbox rules before continuing the conversation.
8. Only ask or stop another fan from violating any of the rules ONCE. This is to avoid dictatorship and hostility in the shoutbox. If they continue to violate the rules after your first warning, ignore them and email us about it.
Donate to help DBSKnights provide free light sticks for TVXQ and JYJ concerts!