The SBS Wed-Thursday drama Protect the Boss has broke the 20%-ceiling in ratings thanks to the double kiss scenes of the lead cast and has continued its upward climb.
On Protect the Boss that aired on the 17th, the kisses shared by the Ji Sung and Choi Kanghee pair and the Kim Jaejoong and Wang Jihye pair were shown in a split screen. Thanks to that, Protect the Boss broke the ratings of 20.5% (nationwide 17.8%) in only five episodes and has kept its place as the #1 drama.
The Seoul ratings produced by the other ratings analysis agency TNmS also recorded 19.2% (nationwide 15.7%). Protect the Boss, in comparing 49 Days and City Hunter, previous works by SBS, and also MBC’s The Best of Love, is the drama that has broke the 20%-wall the fastest.
Furthermore, Protect the Boss simultaneously also set the record to become the only one among all the dramas that are currently airing on either Monday-Tuesdays or Wednesday-Thursdays to break 20%.
In the home page bulletin, opinions as below were posted: “I could not help but scream with shock at the kiss scene between Kim Jaejoong and Wang Jihye for which there was no prior warning.” “I think the production crew and the script writer are the masters of push-and-pull love.” “The two couples’ double kiss scene—it was a real breakthrough of romantic comedy dramas. I am highly anticipating as to what the drama will surprise us with on the next episode.”
The production crew relayed: “As for the kiss scene with Kim Jaejoong and Wang Jihye, we filmed it so carefully, to the degree that we put a gag order on the production crew even. The response of the viewers was heated and so we were thankful. We will be even more thankful if you will keep watching to see how the two couples who have now kissed will unfold their stories.”
On the other hand, in Protect he Boss that will air on the night of 18th at 9:55pm, Eunsul will begin the Project in order to heal Jihun’s panic disorder, and is planned to pull into aide a variety of creative healing methods.
Inside sources have informed allkpop that SM Entertainment is in the process of finalizing negotiations for an ‘SMTOWN Live in NYC‘ concert in October of this year.
The tentative date is set for around the 3rd week of October, and so long as there aren’t any major issues during the final planning and negotiation stage, fans can expect to see their favorite SM TOWN artists in New York City this October.
If at least one of the following rules is not followed, DBSKnights has every right to ban the person or people involved.
1. Do not bash any of the members of TVXQ and JYJ. This website supports Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Shim Changmin together and individually.
2. When sharing information and news about the boys, backtrack to avoid double posting. The shoutbox allows you to visit previous chats.
3. Do not post rumors and other unconfirmed news. Check the credibility of your sources before posting.
4. Please keep the conversations in the shoutbox below PG-13. Not all the fans are adults and comfortable talking about inappropriate topics.
5. Do not post personal information about yourself or others. It's against the law to share private information such as IP addresses. This is for your safety and others as well.
6. Talk kindly to each other and avoid getting into an argument with another fan. If you feel the tension is rising, please kindly back away and leave the shoutbox. Once it's calm, you may return.
7. If a person is not following the rules, please let them know and ask them kindly to read the shoutbox rules before continuing the conversation.
8. Only ask or stop another fan from violating any of the rules ONCE. This is to avoid dictatorship and hostility in the shoutbox. If they continue to violate the rules after your first warning, ignore them and email us about it.
Donate to help DBSKnights provide free light sticks for TVXQ and JYJ concerts!