K-pop idol group JYJ has been appointed PR ambassador for an international forum on AIDS in the Asia Pacific region to be held in Busan next week, the organizer said Tuesday.
The 10th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific, or ICAAP10, will take place from Aug. 26 to Aug. 30 in Bexco in Busan, gathering more than 4,000 AIDS experts from 70 countries in Asia Pacific. It will be the largest AIDS conference in the region and the first international AIDS-related conference in Korea.
Kim Jun-su (left) and Park Yu-chun of the K-pop idol group JYJ pose for a photo at a hotel in Seoul, after being appointed PR ambassadors of the 10th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific, which will kick off on Aug. 26 in Busan. (Park Hae-mook/The Korea Herald)
The three member group, consisting of former TVXQ members Junsu, Yuchun and Jejung, received the letter of appointment at the Imperial Palace Hotel in southern Seoul.
“As the PR ambassador, I have learned that AIDS patients can lead a healthy life with proper medical care. We will try our best to raise awareness in Asia,” said Park Yu-chun.
“The appointment of JYJ to PR ambassador for the conference will help share common regional goals in Asia Pacific to prevent and fight against AIDS,” said Cho Myung-hwan, chairman of the local organizing committee of ICAAP10.
Cho added that the appointment of the youth pop culture icon as the PR ambassador for the AIDS conference symbolizes that Korea serves the international community not only with economic growth but with cultural power and social responsibility.
Coming into the 30th year since the discovery of AIDS, the upcoming forum will be attended by Fiji President Ratu Epeli Nailatikau, UNAIDS executive director Michel Sidibe, WHO Western Pacific regional director Shin Young-soo and officials from World Bank, ADB and the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Jihun in the video gains more confidence as the presentation unfolds and he finishes the presentation nicely. Unlike CEO Cha who looks on such Jihun with pride, the expressions of Sukhee and Muwon who feels hurt in their pride harden.
On the other hand, Eunsul comes to have a meal with Muwon. The two sight-see the streets and have fun until the night, even drinking beer. When Muwon becomes intoxicated, Eunsul calls Jihun. Jihun who drives over in a breath becomes angry at Eunsul, demanding to know why she is with Muwon.
If you would like to be a member of the shoutbox, please email email@example.com with the following message and information: "I read and understand DBSKnights' rules. If I fail to comply, I will be banned and will not be able to register again. My username is ____ and password is ____ "
If at least one of the following rules is not followed, DBSKnights has every right to ban the person or people involved.
1. Do not bash any of the members of TVXQ and JYJ. This website supports Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Shim Changmin together and individually.
2. When sharing information and news about the boys, backtrack to avoid double posting. The shoutbox allows you to visit previous chats.
3. Do not post rumors and other unconfirmed news. Check the credibility of your sources before posting.
4. Please keep the conversations in the shoutbox below PG-13. Not all the fans are adults and comfortable talking about inappropriate topics.
5. Do not post personal information about yourself or others. It's against the law to share private information such as IP addresses. This is for your safety and others as well.
6. Talk kindly to each other and avoid getting into an argument with another fan. If you feel the tension is rising, please kindly back away and leave the shoutbox. Once it's calm, you may return.
7. If a person is not following the rules, please let them know and ask them kindly to read the shoutbox rules before continuing the conversation.
8. Only ask or stop another fan from violating any of the rules ONCE. This is to avoid dictatorship and hostility in the shoutbox. If they continue to violate the rules after your first warning, ignore them and email us about it.
Donate to help DBSKnights provide free light sticks for TVXQ and JYJ concerts!